Ronald McDonald is a friendly face at the House, making regular trips to visit the families staying here. He loves to make people happy! His antics offer a much needed distraction for our families.
On Friday, he was at the House to perform his special magic show.
Friday was also a milestone anniversary for him: On May 15, McDonald’s Restaurants celebrated the opening of its first restaurant in 1940!
We had a chance to sit down and ask him some questions. Here’s what he shared with us:
1. What is your favourite colour?
My favourite colour is red.
2. What’s your favourite activity to do with the kids?
Anything fun, like playing a sport or a musical instrument, reading, singing, dancing, etc.
3. If you could spend your time doing only one activity, what would it be?
Making people happy
4. If you could learn how to do something new next week, what would you choose? Why?
How to drive a submarine so that we could go on an adventure deep at the bottom of the ocean.
5. If you could have a super power, what would you choose to have? Why? What super-hero name would you choose?
I would flyyyy, because then I could teach everyone else and we could have races in the sky! I think Ronnio-Super-Flyer is pretty suiting.
6. What’s your favourite book?
I have many favourites, but I prefer ones with real pages.
7. If you could meet anyone who would it be?
8. What size shoes do you wear?
Twenty-nine EEE. But just between you and me: Extra long by Extra wide by Extra red.
Thank you, Ronald McDonald, for sharing your time with us!
Did you know:
The McDonald’s relationship accounts for financial support that covers approximately the first 10 percent of the our operating costs.
The support from McDonald’s restaurants comes in many forms. McDonald’s provides financial support to Ronald McDonald House Charities Canada (which in turn distributes funds to the Houses across Canada). It also coordinates a day of national awareness each year on McHappy Day. And year round, McDonald’s contributes a portion of proceeds from Happy Meal sales as well as collects donations through restaurant coin boxes.
Portions of this post were originally published on August 15, 2014.